Email marketing is growing in its use as an effective marketing tool.
Direct marketing through email is much more cost effective than snail-mail, and enables the sender to include various forms of attention-grabbing media- video, graphics, infographics and links to websites or presentations.
Knowing what technology to use in your email design is as important as the message or offer.
Tips When Designing HTML Emails
- Emails should be 600 – 800 pixels max width.
- Images will probably be blocked – use alt tags
- Don’t use one single image for your message
- Use basic, cross-platform fonts like Arial, Verdana, Times Roman and Georgia
- Use animated GIFs for motion graphics
- Use tables (remember your coding standards from 1999?!)
- Make sure the email is mobile-friendly!